HIKING IN LYSEFJORDEN
Here is an overview of what to pack before your hiking adventure..
(spring and summer season)
- wool, part wool or synthetic underwear
- wool socks/stockings
- wind jacket/anorak or all-weather jacket
- mountain trousers
- shirt or light sweater of wool or fleece
- transport schedules
- firestarter paper
- multi-purpose tool
- sitting pad
- sleeping bag
- sleeping pad
- cook set and fuel
- plate and cutlery
- you can leave out a thermos
- rain jacket (if your jacket isn't all-weather)
- rain trousers (if your trousers isn't all-weather)
- sweater/jacket, wool or fleece
- wool, part wool or synthetic long underwear
- sleeping bag/sleeping liner
- first aid kit
- indoor footwear
- extra underwear (trousers, shirt, socks)
- extra indoor trousers (optional)
- toilet paper
- suntan cream
- insect repellent
- map and compass
- map case (with pencil and paper)
- boot waterproofing
- lunch packet
- thermos or water bottle
- emergency rations
- keys (cabins, car, home etc.)
The west coast of Norway is one of the few places in the world with such a varied scenery. From white sandy beaches at the coast, to amazing fjords and mountains created by the ice age, there is something for every taste.
In the area around Lysefjorden you will find lots of marked hikes with stunnings views which can be enjoyed by all types of people – you do not have to be super fit
A hiking holiday in Fjord Norway creates memories for life, and for those of you who is seeking big adventures will find them, but there are also numerous short, gentle paths that are perfect for families with children or anyone who simply prefer to take it easy.
Even though the Norwegian nature looks amazing and peaceful, you need to prepare yourself to stay safe.
The weather conditions can change rapidly in Norway, also during the summer, så it's important to be prepared and bring neccesary equipment.