KJERAG SUMMER HIKE – “BEAT THE CROWDS”
when to go:
June 1. – august 31.
max. 8 PEOPLE (16 years or above)
Total of ~ 12.5 hours (6h hiking)
1,690 NOK Per person
- Adrenaline level: 80% 80%
- Difficulty level: 75% 75%
- Scenic beauty level: 85% 85%
Suitable for adults who are in very good condition, and have previous hiking experience.
Due to the possibility of rapidly-changing weather conditions, it may be necessary to make changes to scheduled trips. In the event that your trip needs to be rescheduled for another day or cancelled on short notice, you may choose between joining the rescheduled trip or getting a refund. In the event that weather conditions deteriorate during your trip, it may be necessary to turn around on the trail or head back earlier than planned. If this happens, no refunds will be given.
• Hotel pick-up / drop-off
• Professional guide
• Use of hiking poles
• Hot beverage & snack
• Proper hiking boots*
• Warm, thick socks x 2
• Water-resistant pants*
• Rain-proof jacket*
• Fleece or woolen sweater
• Packed lunch / water / snacks
*items can also be rented
• Photography package | + 299 NOK
• Cancel. protection | + 199 NOK
• Hiking boots rental | + 200 NOK
• Hiking pants rental | + 150 NOK
• Hiking jacket rental | + 150 NOK
• Day-pack rental | + 50 NOK
• Hiking gloves | + 79 NOK
Prices → per-piece/per-tour
Join on an early-morning summer hike to the famous Kjerag boulder, and enjoy the spectacular Lysefjord. Relax and savour the views along the way. Hike in small groups on trails that have been upgraded by Nepalese Sherpas, and enjoy the exhilaration of standing atop the boulder before the crowds of tourists arrive.
Our local nature guides have first-hand knowledge about the Ryfylke region, and a passion for sharing stories about its natural and cultural history with our guests. In addition, we guide our guests to the best viewpoints, and show how to capture memorable photos. Your journey begins early-morning when your professional guide picks you up at your preferred meeting place. While being transported to the trail-head, you’ll be able to catch glimpses of some of Norway’s stunning landscapes. We drive for about 3 hours, onward to the Eagle’s Nest trail-head. Before the crowds of tourists have begun to arrive, you’ll be well on your way up to the Kjerag boulder. During the 2.5-hour hike to the boulder, you’ll encounter 3 periods of steep climbing interspersed with 2 shallow valleys. Along the way, you’ll enjoy views of the village of Lysebotn, which is situated at the head of the Lysefjord. The final 2 kilometers leading up to the Kjerag boulder are relatively flat and will allow you to focus more on the spectacular nature around you.
Once you reach the edge of the mountain’s plateau, while standing on a 1000-meter-high cliff, you will be rewarded with panoramic views of the 42-kilometer-long Lysefjord. Cliff-side, you’ll have plenty of time to rest and enjoy your packed lunch. If you’re among the brave, you’ll have the opportunity to stand atop the Kjerag boulder.
Base-jumping is legal in Norway, so if you’re lucky, you’ll get to watch as daredevils hurdle themselves off the side of the cliff. After the lunch break, your guide will lead you back down to the Eagle’s Nest, which takes approximately 3 hours. All in all, this is a demanding 6 hour, 12 kilometer hike with a total ascent of 800 meters.
Total | ~12 hours (depends on weather conditions)
Hiking | ~ 6 hours (including breaks)
Transportation | ~2.5 hours (each way)
When booking, you can select from a variety of hotels & pick up locations.
- Your guide will pick you up at the meeting point you have selected when booking, which is stated on your confirmation.
- Note that not all accommodations or hotels are featured on our list of pick-up locations, and that all pick-ups are limited to Stavanger city centre, or en route to the head of the trail.
- If you did not provide a pick-up location during the booking process, you must contact us via e-mail and receive a pick-up location based on your address.
- If you do not remember your pick-up location or time, or would like to change it, please contact us by e-mail.
Please be on time! The guide cannot wait for late arrivals
The tour ends in Stavanger at approximately 17:30 (5:30pm).